Another Year Older
My birthday was yesterday. I am grateful to see another year. 2021 kicked my butt on several levels:
1) I had covid and lost the entire month of September
2) Because I had covid, my hair is falling out. I did not know I was vain about my hair but I have discovered I am.
3) Because of Covid I did not get a vacation last year, I did not go to any concerts or fun events and I did not mingle with friends and family like I would have liked to.
But on the other side of the coin, I have aged to a new level. I appreciate simple things more:
1) Business was great, one of the best years I have ever had. Lots of people sitting online reading about real estate and getting advice on how good it is to invest in VRBO-- income without having to work for it. Tiny homes have also been a big talking point for the last year. The biggest change was the NE discovered the NW corner of South Carolina. The low taxes and friendly people make them want to make our area home.
2) I have learned to slow down and be more grateful. Not everything is a problem I have to solve. I can delegate many things I did not know I could.
3) Friends, I have discovered who counts and who is really not a friend but an acquaintance. Guess I am really getting old. I will miss Betty White, Mrs. Hoadley, Alex Trebek, Chadwick Boseman, and several other inspirations that died this year. I am grateful for friends I can count on.
Come on 2022, let's make you a great year too.