Georgia Guide Stones
Posted By @ Apr 1st 2013 11:10am In: Pondering with Gwen
Sunday was overcast, too gloomy to stay home and a holiday to boot. I put on my discovery shoes and hit the road. I wanted to look for flowers and signs of spring...we had snow this week and I am very tired of winter.
We headed south on Highway 11 to I-85, and then took the 1st exit in Georgia. We went to Hartwell and saw a cross made of flowers...a very different Easter cross.
We then went Elberton where we found the Georgia Guide Stones. The tablets contain the following instructions in multiple languages:
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
- Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
- Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
- Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
- Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Not really sure why it was put here, but we really enjoyed finding it and will return on a sunny day to see the sun shine through the different holes in the structure.
When you have a day to relax and open your mind to discovery, make a trip to the Georgia Guide Stone.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.