House Buying Process: After the contract to purchase
Well you have looked at houses and looked at houses. You found one that meets your needs. Your agent wrote up the contract and it was accepted so what is next?
First thing you should do is make a calendar with all the major dates circled so that you do not miss any dead lines.
Home Inspection: you need to do this first as there is no reason to look for insurance or set up utility accounts till you are sure this house does not have any hidden problems. This should be completed within 5 days of the contract acceptance.
- Choose a home inspector from a list given by your agent and friends who have recently bought.
- Call all the inspectors on the list.
- Ask what they charge and what they do for that charge
- Ask what they charge for return inspections
Loan Application: do this while you are waiting on the home inspection report. You will need a lot of supporting data. The loan application takes about 2 hours to compile the data and do the application.
- 30 Days Pay Stubs--Employment verification
- 3 most recent bank statements (all pages of all counts including Cd's)
- 2 years W-2's
- most recent statements on Ira's and investments
- most recent statements from credit cards, student loans and car loans (any charge that you pay monthly)
- Addresses where you have lived for the past 2 years.
Be accurate...this is not a form to just guess on. The credit report will verify what you are telling the loan officer, so you do not want to spend an afternoon next week writing explanations because you did not give the correct information up front.
Share this Post:
Comments have been closed for this post.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Price REDUCED again!! 460 Zion Road, Walhalla
Fri, May 10th 2013 11:12 am
A Tree: can you imagine what it has seen?
Mon, Apr 1st 2013 3:56 pm
Georgia Guide Stones
Mon, Apr 1st 2013 11:10 am
265 Che-O-Hee Lake Road
Tue, Mar 12th 2013 3:45 pm
Houses by the numbers
Fri, Mar 8th 2013 2:35 pm